Course Name : Computer Science and Engineering and Business Systems
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) degree programme in “Computer Science and Engineering and Business Systems” (CSE&BS) with sanctioned intake of 60 from the academic year 2020-2021 is introduced. B.Tech-CSBS is a highly recommended industry relevant programme in the field of Computer Science focusing on practical implementation of some CSE concepts in real business applications. This programme also ensures that the student graduating from the programme not only know the core concepts of computer science but also develop an equal appreciation of humanities, economics, management sciences and human ethical values.
- To be a center of Excellence in Computer science & Management offering fundamental and advanced knowledge.
- To impart knowledge in the state of art in Computer science & Management with relevant theoretical basics.
- To impart Quality education through well designed curriculum in tune with challenging Software needs of the industry.
- To facilitate the development of academic-industry Collaboration.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO's)
- Apply Engineering knowledge and Analysis tools to solve problems in Computer Science & Engineering.
- Design, implement and integrate Engineering Solutions with an understanding of professional, legal, managerial and financial issues.
- Acquaint with the contemporary trends in industrial settings and there by innovate novel solutions to existing problems.
Program Educational objectives (PEO's)
- To provide fundamental knowledge in Basic Sciences, Computer Sciences and Management Sciences
- To inculcate strong problem solving skills, to design, implement, test and maintain Software Systems
- To impart good ethical practices, right professional conduct and responsible team Leadership.
Program Outcomes (PO's) - Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.