Course Name : Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) has been started in 1995, with an intake of 60 students and with the growing demand for electrical engineering graduates; the intake has increased to 90 in the year 2001, 120 in the year 2002, 180 in the year 2014 and in a short span i.e by the end of 2015 the intake increased to 240. The Department is offering M.Tech in Power Electronics since 2002 with a sanctioned initial intake of 18 and subsequently the intake has been increased to 25 in 2003 and 36 in the year 2011. Department also offers fulltime Ph.D from the year 2014 and recognized as research center by JNTUA, Anantapuramu.
The Department is committed to produce well-trained electrical graduates. This department has received twice ISO certification, NBA-AICTE accreditation four times i.e.; in the years 2003, 2007,2013 and 2017, accredited by NAAC in two cycles with ‘A’ Grade in the year 2012 and A+ in the year 2017. The Department is conferred with autonomous status from 2010 and permanent affiliation with JNTUA, Anantapuramu. Department of EEE is credited with UGC 2(f) and 12(b) status to grab research funds from UGC, AICTE and DST.
The Department has well qualified and dedicated team of teaching staff members. A conductive environment exists in the Department for both students and staff. Quality technical education is provided to the students in the core areas of the field to meet the challenges of globalization with the state of art equipments and laboratories. The department arranges expert lecture by the eminent personalities. Teaching and learning process is strengthened with regular feedback, both oral and written, from students. Besides periodical tests, well designed assignments, regular tutorial and remedial classes are arranged whenever it is required. Department is having 10 well equipped labs with a worth of 1.3 crores. The laboratory facilities are periodically strengthened with addition of equipment depending on the requirements in the updated syllabi and the student projects. After acquiring the Autonomous status the department established Power systems laboratory and Instrumentation labs to inculcate interest among students in the core areas. The books and journals in the department & main library besides 65 computers with Internet connectivity (155 Mbps) along with digital Library facilities with NPTEL videos are available for reference to staff and students. The simulation and design software like MATLAB,PLECS, PSIM, ETAP, POWERWORLD, PSCAD, etc. tend to inspire and rejuvenate our students.
The major strength of the Department is that both the students and faculty are involving continuously in research activities, paper presentations at various International Conferences and Journals. To the credit of the Department has a credit of sanctioned DST-FIST (60.0 Lakhs), SERB(41.0 Lakhs), AICTE-RPS (9.0 Lakhs), AICTE-MODROBS (7.0 Lakhs),AICTE-SG (1.0 Lakhs). Also, National award for best B.Tech best project in Electrical & Electronics is received from ISTE for three consecutive years 2011, 2012 and 2013. Department of EEE is proud to announce that the students has participated in National Technical champion ships such as SMART HACKATHON for 2017 and secured award in the year 2018. They have also bagged award of UTKRAANTI-2018, a National Students’ Space Challenge (NSSC), IIT Kharagpur. They stood first in achieving District level Champion ship in TECH FEST organized by JNTUA, Anantapuramu.
The Department has established student chapter of IE(I) and IEEE to motivate the student community to organize events such as Paper presentations, Guest lectures, Group Discussions etc.The Department is progressing well to fulfill the vision of the Institute with a motto to provide a value based education with noble goal of “Education for Peace and Progress”.
- To improve the curriculum of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to meet the changing technological needs of industry
- To address the current social concerns and to build an environment which does not compromise safety and quality power
- To contribute effects for the betterment of humankind taking cognizance of greenhouse effect.
- To accomplish values of excellence in the field of electrical engineering by incorporating regular changes in the curriculum on par with industrial trends
- To provide an education that combines academics and practice with emphasis on safety of electrical equipments
- To inculcate knowledge in production and maintenance of electrical power generation through renewable energy sources and meet the power demand of the society.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO's)
- Students are able to analyze and design the electrical and electronic circuits with the knowledge of courses related circuits, networks, linear digital circuits and power electronics.
- Student can explore the scientific theories, ideas, methodologies in operation and maintenance of electrical machines to bridge the gap between academics and industries.
- Students are able to work professionally with new cutting edge Technologies in the fields of power system, generation, operation, and maintenance.
Program Educational Outcomes (PEO's)
- Graduates will have intra-disciplinary comprehension and skills to design and develop products and systems in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Graduates will acquire knowledge to meet the needs of operation and continuance of electrical tools used in various industries
- Graduates will be proficient to meet the tasks in public and private sectors of Electrical Engineering
- Graduates will possess the knowledge and motivation to pursue successful professional career for the betterment of humankind
Program Outcomes (PO's) - Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.